Note: This article was updated on August 4, 2022. Regulations related to Covid are subject to change.
For official up-to-date information in English from the French Government, see here.
Learn how we are protecting you and read our flexible rebooking terms here.
It’s finally time to make those travel plans and pack your bags. Below is everything that you need to know about entering France. As this article only covers entry, please check with your airline and country of departure to see if other regulations may apply to you.
Entry Regulations from outside the EU:
As we enter a new phase of the pandemic, the health check system at borders has been lifted.
Consequently, as of 1 August 2022, the rules previously applied to travelers arriving in France are no longer enforced.
- Travelers no longer have any formalities to complete before arriving in the mainland or overseas France, and the COVID certificate can no longer be requested, irrespective of the country or area of origin;
- Proof of a compelling reason for travel can no longer be requested;
- Travelers no longer need to present a sworn declaration that they are not infected with COVID-19 and pledge to take an antigen test or biological exam upon arrival in France. This also applies to travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.
Similarly, the French authorities no longer require proof of a compelling reason for travel or a certificate of international travel from the mainland or overseas France to another country.
However, there may be certain specific formalities to be completed in order to travel to foreign countries.
More information: here
Current Rules in France:
The French government announced the end of the vaccination pass and the indoor mask requirement.
- Mask-wearing is no longer mandatory in establishments open to the public, nor on board maritime, river, land, and air transport;
- Mask-wearing continues to be recommended in enclosed and small spaces, and at large gatherings for vulnerable persons (because of age or health conditions in particular);
- Furthermore, it is highly recommended in hospitals and for elderly people.
Requirement to fly to the US:
U.S. drops Covid testing requirement for international travelers on June 12th, 2022.
Have a Question? Ask our Experts
These rules are in place to help you take advantage of your trip to France. If there is something that you are unsure of contact our experts today. We look forward to welcoming you to France!